top of page

Travel Information

For information on how to get a passport, international travel warnings, and resources for traveling abroad, you can visit for all the up to date information.

Other Great Traveling Resources

Travel Checklist

Do You Have All Required Travel Documents?
Most U.S. citizens must use a U.S. passport to travel overseas and reenter the United States. A passport is an internationally recognized travel document that verifies your identity and citizenship. Only the U.S. Department of State has the authority to issue U.S. passports.
Most foreign countries require a valid passport to enter and leave. Some countries may allow you to enter with only a birth certificate, or with a birth certificate and a driver’s license, but all persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling by air, must present a valid passport to reenter the United States.
If you are traveling by land or sea, you must provide evidence of both your U.S. citizenship and your identity when you reenter the United States. For many land or sea trips this means you can travel using the new U.S. passport card instead of the normal passport book.  Read more about U.S. passport requirements.
What about your children?  Some countries have instituted requirements to help prevent child abductions and may require travelers to present proof of relationship to the children and evidence of consent from any non-accompanying parent(s).  Visit our child abduction country information pages for information about your destination.
When does your passport expire? Some countries require that a traveler’s passport be valid for at least six months beyond the dates of the trip. Contact the embassy of your foreign destination for more information. Foreign embassy and consulate contact information can also be found in our Country Specific Information pages.



Currently, the US Postal Service is taking approximately 4-6 weeks to process a new passport.   We recommend that you start this process as early as possible.  

An appointment is necessary to apply for a US Passport.  


The Cambridge Post Office does do Passports.  The phone number is 410-228-1484


ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPEAR IN PERSON (INCLUDING MINORS, both parents must also appear with minor children, or a notarized letter of consent form DS-3053 must be presented by the one parent present.


You MUST bring these (2) forms of Identification

  *State Issued Certified Birth Certificate (including official Seal)

  *Current Driver's License or State ID or Naturalization Certificate (if naturalized citizen)

Travel Guard

If things go wrong while traveling, Travel Guard can help make them right. Cover your trip investment today and get a quote!

bottom of page